It's totally normal to feel anxious about everything going on right now. Just like you, I've been battling with my anxiety for the past several weeks, but I've started to do a few things to manage it better.
It's no good feeling worried and anxious for weeks or months on end, so here are some things I'm doing to control my anxiety so I can live a relatively normal life until the stock market stops being an up and down rollercoaster and there's a solution to this health crisis.
- Set up a new normal routine (shower, dressed, breakfast, to-do list, etc...)
- When working from home, set up a dedicated work station
- Take breaks, such as using the Pomodore Technique, which involves working for 25 minutes (set a timer) then taking a break. https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique
- Limit your info intake each day from the news and social media
- Exercise daily
- Journal each day or week
- Sleep at least 8 hours per day and have a set sleep schedule
- Socialize online
- Avoid/limit alcohol and drug dependency
- Think of life in 1-2 week chunks (or day by day)
- Accept that anxiety and fear are normal for what’s going on right now
- Be careful with "What Ifs"
- Get professional help if needed